We may change this policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by posting the updated policy and revising the “Last Updated” date above. We encourage you to review the policy whenever you use our Services to stay informed about our information practices and about the choices available to you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide, such as when you sign up for aByte Technology seller, when you provide information as part of our identity verification process, in the course of a transaction, or when you request a digital receipt. We may collect, but are not limited to collecting, the following: basic user information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number; financial information, including bank account and payment card numbers; and other historical, contact, and demographic information.
We also collect information when you upload or send information to or through the Services about your products and services (including inventory, pricing and other data), participate in contests or promotions offered byByte Technology Retail, Inc. or our partners, respond to our surveys, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect from Your Use of the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services, including as follows:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make or accept payments or money transfers, we collect information about when and where the transactions occurred, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and information about the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions.
- Location Information. When one of our applications is open on your mobile device, we periodically receive information about the location of the device.
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information when you access our Services, including your hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and information about the device’s interaction with our Services.
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access times, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Web Beacons. We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies support the integrity of our registration process, retain your preferences and account settings, and help evaluate and compile aggregated statistics about user activity. We may also collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails. We may use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources.
Third-Party Advertising and Analytics
Use of Information
We use information about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services and to deliver the information and support you request, including receipts, technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
We also use information about you to improve and personalize the Services. To take just one example, when you sign up for aByte Technology account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other accounts you have or had withByte Technology Retail, Inc. and prior transactions you made through the Byte Technology Services.
We may use information we collect to send you news and information about our Services and to communicate with you about products, services, contests, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered by us and select partners, including Sellers.
We may also use information about you to track and analyze trends and usage in connection with our Services; to process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards; to protect our rights or property; to verify your identity; to investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities; and for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with our Services.
We may, or we may not use third-party service providers to, process and store personal information in the United States.
If you choose to receive receipts via email, we store the email address you provide. We use your email address to send you a receipt for your purchase. Digital receipts may contain additional messages, offers, or links that may be of interest to you. For example, you may be able to submit feedback, share your experience on social media, join programs, visit websites, or take advantage of promotions. When you submit or share information through a receipt (such as submitting feedback), we may share that information with Sellers and you may receive responses. As mentioned above, this policy does not describe the practices of Sellers that may receive or collect information from you. We encourage you to ask them about their privacy practices before providing any information to them.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers who access information about you to perform services on our behalf (e.g., fraud prevention and verification services), and including financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment or transfer process;
- With others who have signed up for Byte Technology accounts in order to provide our Services. For example, we may share information when you make or accept a payment using our Services;
- With third parties that run advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services;
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to enforce applicable agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and to protect us, our Sellers, end users, or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
- With your consent.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however, our Services may not function properly if you do so.
- Personal Information. You may change or correct information about yourself by logging into your Byte Technology account at any time or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us if you wish to deactivate your account. We may retain archived copies of information about you and your transactions for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law.
- Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Byte Technology, Inc. by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Please contact our Privacy Department with any questions or concerns regarding our policy.
3095 Kerner Blvd Suite N
San Rafael, CA 94901